Therefore, Bob found himself with access to MrFrodo's u2u logs. And sent them all to me. Was this legal or ethical? Bob did not hack into anything: Jordan had used the computer and neglected to log off. Jordan therefore left her MrFrodo account wide open for this person to access. I don't think the law protects you from your own stupidity. Ethically, the proper thing to do under normal circumstances would be obviously to log out for Jordan, and log in under one's own account. But we had an imperative to get what information we could under the circumstances, because Amy/Jordan, by virtue of telling so many lies, has given us little recourse but to use whatever means we can to attempt to get to the truth.
So I have two new files on my computer, MrFrodo's u2u Inbox and MrFrodo's u2u outbox. I apologize in advance to the senders and recipients of those u2u's for snooping through your personal correspondence. I hope you will all see fit to blame Jordan/Amy for this invasion of your privacy, because she didn't take the necessary steps to keep her u2u "box" secure. I also hope you will forgive me for taking advantage of Jordan/Amy's oversight to obtain this private mail: it was not done to snoop on your private correspondance with MrFrodo, it was done to retrieve and preserve information that will allow us to better understand this situation.
This is a U2U that I had received, and deleted in a fury. I was VERY glad to get a copy back from Jordan's outbox.
Jordan told me that this was a copy of an email they had sent to Amy Player's parents, which they wanted me to have for my own reference. This was sent out just after Detective Myers had called "Jordan" and obtained her confession to being Amy Player.
Subject: A Copy of what we sent Amy's parents
Sent: 10-21-2003 at 08:19 PM
Message: Dear Mr. and Mrs. Player -
I am writing to inform you of an unfortunate development with our staff. Mr. ******** (a.k.a. Shopping Cart Bob), our former Head of Security, has been fired tonight for attempted blackmail. He is an extremely untrustworthy individual who was trying to make a second chance through BitofEarth. He is a paranoid schitzophrenic with a history of lying and manipulation, as well as brain damage and drug and criminal records.
He has threatened to contact you with allegations, the precise nature of which we do not know, but which concern the disappearance of your daughter, Amy. He may imply anything ranging from us harboring her to murdering her, and we know that this is a very emotional and difficult time for you and do not wish you to suffer more at the hands of this man's vendetta.
We also have a very difficult situation of our own. Our Director of Celebrity Relations, Jordan Wood, is the young man who was involved in Amy's identity theft, as well as the main target of
Jordan is fleeing an extremely dangerous and abusive home situation, and to have him exposed to the police prematurely (he is preparing testimony) would put him at extreme risk from those associated with his family (they were involved in criminal activities in which he refused to participate). We would ask that you please do not allow this man to use your grief to endanger an innocent youth.
We know that with your daughter's history of falsehood, it may be difficult to trust people, and we are not asking you to do so blindly.
We have had no further contact with your daughter since October 2nd, and we are sorry that contact from us comes in this form, but we do not want this dishonest man to exploit your grief to hurt yet another. As always, we do promise to contact you immediately should we hear from Amy at any time.
Abigail Stone and the Staff of BitofEarth
Ok, shall we have a little debriefing?
1. See for yourself the depth of deception that Abby and Amy display here. This was a letter to Amy's Parents, stating that "Jordan" was not Amy (false) and that further investigation of "Jordan" would endanger his life via this threat of retaliation from organized crime. In other words, Mr. and Mrs. Player, please back off your investigative efforts lest you get this poor young man killed. WHAT A CROCK!
2. I NEVER EVER gave Amy my permission to use my name and credential to support her claim. I was VERY clear with Amy all along that I did not KNOW who she was, that I could neither verify nor disprove her story. In fact, I will copy here a section of a letter I sent to "Jordan" on 11/7/03:
I'll just tell you, Jordan, I really don't care who you are, whether you're a dyke, whether your parents are really OK people and you just wanted to get away from them, or what. None of that will change how I feel about you or Abby. What WILL change that is ongoing lies. I guess what I'm saying is that if you have been pulling my leg, NOW is the time to tell me. Actually, a while ago was the optimal time to tell me, but this has come to a point of no return now. I don't like to give ultimata, but in this case I'm going to make an exception. Thus: if you stick to this story after this email, and I determine that it is a lie, that will be an end to my friendship with you and Abby, because I can't function in relationships without trust. Not much of a threat, but I'm very serious about it. If my friendship is important to you, then the next email you send me had better be 100% honest.
I was livid about having my name used to support a story that I neither believed nor disbelieved, and my husband's name was also used (professor). This is exactly why tentmoot crashed--because I had told Jordan on no uncertain terms that I was not to be lied to anymore.
If Jordan had called me on December 1st and sheepishly admitted that there had been a problem with the celebrity tickets, and asked me with deep contrition to please save "his" butt on this, I would have done the exact same things that I did--except without cancelling the tickets and bringing Tentmoot to a crash. But Amy chose not to be honest about the state of things with me. Even after I explicitly warned her that I would not tolerate dishonesty.
3. Shopping Cart Bob was the head of security for Project Elanor. SC Bob helped escort Sean Astin and Sean's wife and family around town, to the airport, etc. He played with Sean's older daughter quite a bit during the day. CAN YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT ABBY AND AMY WOULD HAVE LEFT BOB IN CHARGE OF THE ASTINS AND THEIR CHILDREN IF ANY OF THIS WERE REALLY TRUE??? I didn't want to defame Bob's character by sharing this stuff with you--I wanted you to see the level of LIES that Abby and Amy were willing to spout forth, about their Roommate and Friend, when it suited their purposes.
I don't know exactly what went on with Bob, but I gather he was pretty darned mad when the detective called their house and informed him that Amy was on the run from her parents and from identity theft charges. I hope Bob will check in and tell us exactly why Abby and Amy attacked him in this way. Clearly they thought Bob was going to contact Amy's parents and let them know their daughter's whereabouts, and they were trying to discredit him. Trying VERY HARD to discredit him, obviously.
4. Which makes me shiver a bit--I wonder what would have been said about ME if Abby and Amy had access to the computer when I came forth with all my accusations? Yecch, I probably would have had to keep a fire extinguisher by the computer to cool it off from the flames they would have hurled at me.
5. I know there are people following this debacle that have some sympathy for Abby and Amy, wondering if there is mental illness/delusion, or if they were just two kids who got in over their heads and didn't mean to cause so much trouble. I hope this letter will convince you that these two were not just liars, but VICIOUS liars, willing to utterly slander SC Bob, and confuse and torture Amy's own mom and dad with phony information about their little girl.